Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The brighter side of my darkness

I've been away far too long to even know what to start catching people up on, so I'll spare the lengthy stuff and jump right into the knee high crap I've been going through. Over this past month and a half I have lost a boyfriend who I loved dearly, almost had to evacuate my house do to unexpected wild fires, almost lost one of my best friends in a major trucking accident, and my grandmother passed away. Call me crazy but this is a lot for one person to handle in a month...especially me.

All that I've been going through has made me realize a lot about life and the importance of family and friends. Although along with those great realizations come harsh realities as well. I try my best every day to be a strong person and keep my life moving in the right direction. Unfortunately some days I'm overwhelmed by loss and pain, leaving little motivation to see the brighter side of things. Tough I like to believe everything will be okay and life will move on, my empty broken heart sometimes tells me otherwise.

All I can do now is try to find ways to move forward from all this. Everyday I will be reminded of the things that once made me happy, which now tare my heart and soul apart. Slowly and over time I will rise from all of this. So the brighter side of my darkness is that sometimes you realize more about yourself and life when the light is taken off of you for a minute. Getting back to the light is the challenging part...

No comments: